Company Logo




 FT Mens Shed Logo2

Forster Tuncurry Men’s Shed



April 2019

This month's Committee meeting will be held on Wednesday April 10th at 11am. All members are welcome to attend. Remember that you always have the opportunity to include an item for discussion by the committee. The list is in the office, and is administered by Secretary Peter Gilmore. See later for the list of agenda items for this coming meeting...



Newsletters are found at...

Our Facebook page address is: 


Behind the news

  • A number of shed members visited the small storage facility at Dee Crescent with the view of clearing out items for sale or further use at our shed.
  • Items of machinery are now on site at the shed, if members wish to purchase.
  • The new trailer is now in use, and it's first job was to complete the above task.
  • Brian Booth will be acting as liaison officer between FTMS and Kularoo Garden's Men's Shed
  • A delivery was made yesterday (15/04) to Kularoo Gardens "mini" Mens Shed of cabinets, mobile work tables etc. We were met by resident in charge - Brian Booth who directed us to the correct area.
  • FTMS will be holding a garage sale event in the near future, as tool stocks increase. Help will be needed to organise the running of the day.
  • Materials have been purchased for our "Helping Hand" seating project for Forster Girl Guides in Lake Street, Forster. We are donating all materials and labour towards this project, as part of our contribution to the community.
  • George Wilson has reported further developments of a positive nature with regard to the DA submission to Council. This involves his work on the building plans and assistance from a new member, Graham regarding an Environmental impact study.


VALE - Terry Jobson  4th Oct 1942 - 30th March 2019


Terry Jobson was around for as long as I have been at the shed. He was the Secretary of Wallis Lake Men's Shed, when I first joined and continued as such until he was forced to stand aside due to failing heath. He will be missed at the Men's Shed, as he will also be missed as a volunteer at Marine Rescue. Terry was from Glen Innes, NSW and it was there that he attended high school. He worked and studied at the Australian Defence Force. He was a former WO in the army. More particularly, Terry was a former OPCP Sergeant - Gun Sergeant Battery Guide in 4th Field Regiment, Royal Australian Artillery.


Terry's funeral was held at the St Nicholas Chapel Tuncurry Anglican Church on Friday 5th April, 2019, prior to internment in the Tuncurry Cemetery. A number of members of the Forster Tuncurry Men's Shed attended and acted as a guard of honour.  The service was conducted by Padre Daryll Moran. Terry will be sadly missed at the Men's Shed.


Terry Jobson - RIP



    • Brian’s Trailer to be sold to Bike Shop
    • First Aid Courses
    • Tagging Equipment
    • Volunteer for (Publicity Officer)
    • Eric Pfeiffer (Facebook Officer)
    • Peter Aulbury (Newsletter & Welfare Officer)
    • Fire Water Pump (for rear of FTMS)
    • Vibrant Spaces Program (Council) (Ref Eric)
    • Common Padlock with RFS (to email Krysten)
    • Voting Values for FTMS meeting Agendas - (Initial Vote – Casting Vote)

Minutes of each Committee meeting will be published for the information of members to read in their newsletter from next month onwards.  






The  sub - committee continues with it's great work, and as part of our due-diligence program, there will soon be a list of WH&S Committee members in the top right hand corner of the big white board, near Cliffy's bench. This will tell you who is "IN" and who is "OUT". Get used to taking a glance to see who is best to notify, if there is an incident.


The following is an excerpt delevered at an AMSA Conference in Newcastle a couple of years back. It relates to perecived threats to Men's Sheds:


Threat 8 - Non inclusiveness


We at AMSA would like to think that all member Sheds are inclusive of all men no matter what their beliefs or background or preferences. We encourage Sheds to do the same and not discriminate against those who may

be perceived as "different‟!


The following minutes are provided courtesy of Secretary Peter Gilmore and will be included in your newsletter each month...


Forster Tuncurry Men’s Shed Committee Meeting

Held at the Men’s Shed on the 10-04- 2019


Meeting Opened:    Date: 10-04-2019                 Time: 11.15am

Members Present: Shaun Coyne, Peter Gilmore, Paul Heathcote, Richard Baile-Mace, Eric Pfeiffer, Mark Connor

Visitors: Peter Mork, Peter Aulbury

Apologies: Doug Squires, Richard Bateson.

Proxies Identified:  None

Presidents Report: Nil

Previous Minutes: That the minutes be taken as read.

Moved By: Peter Gilmore

Seconded By: Shaun Coyne

Matters Arising:

  • Location for 2019 Christmas Party (Tuncurry Bowling Club – Fri-06-Dec or Prior) Richard BM
  • Hire of a Trailer ($25 per day for FTMS Members Only)
  • Environmental impact study submitted to council - (To investigate)
  • New shed plans - (George)
  • Discussion on Justification of the new sheds (cost effective? Benefits (Stacking, Sorting of timber, Safety benefits, Bending, Snakes, Spiders, Keeps timber & equipment dry - (Talk with Ashley)
  • Tool Security still in Progress – discussed
  • Scouts Hall Dee Crescent

Scout Hall Dee Crescent (Progressing)

  • Shed to make seats for Girl Guides (Peter Aulbury to investigate) - Paul A & Cliffy to measure up seats (Julie Wilcock/Materials Ordered/Commence next week $400-$500
  • Microphone – Existing system to be tested & implemented ASAP
  • Printed & Laminated Name Badges for new members & visitors – Peter Gilmore to supply samples for Committee approval (Visitor Name Badges to be made)
  • First Aid Courses (Defibrillator) for frequent members – 5 members selected to do the course (Belleview Hotel Location) (to be Booked ASAP) (Priority)


  • • First Aid Courses (To be Booked ASAP)
  • • Tagging Equipment (Completed by Greg Smith 10-04-19)
  • • Volunteer for (Publicity Officer) (Delegated to a Committee Member as Required)
  • • Eric Pfeiffer (Facebook Officer) (Accepted & Commenced)
  • • Fire Water Pump (for rear of FTMS) (Possible extension piping from front to rear or independent rear Pump)
  • • Vibrant Spaces Program (Council) (Explored & Investigated)
  • • Common Padlock with RFS (Apply our own PADLOCK)

       • CorelDraw X8 50% of yearly subscription $108 (Peter G to be reimbursed $217)

  • • FTMS Internet Phone Number contact (Email Contact Only received by the FTMS Website)
  • • Machinery (Discussed)
  • • WH & S Issues (Fully Discussed & Implemented)

Correspondence IN…………….None

Correspondence OUT………….None

Treasurers Report: $44,000

General Business:


Next Meeting: 15-May-2019


Closed: 12.55pm


AMSA Newsletters:


The Summer 2018-19 Edition of the AMSA Newsletter is here for all to read.


In case you missed it, here is the link for the previous AMSA 2018 Spring newsletter...


A link to the new Autumn 2019 newsletter will be included, as soon as it becomes available.


What's coming up...

  • Good Friday 19th April, 2019.
  • Bulky waste pickup Forster 29th April until 7th May - dates for other areas are available on MCC website
  • Friday 26th April, 2019 - end of month BBQ
  • 15th May, 2019 - Next Committee meeting........all welcome

Login Form

Downloaded from joomla templates | website templates | hd wallpapers. Valid XHTML and CSS.